Monday, 03 August 2009

Day 90

Back in high school a song about God topped the charts and dominated the airwaves for a while.

“what if God was one of us, just a stranger on the bus...”

I remember being in two minds about the song. Can we really sing along with this, God being one of us? Back then; being a typical teenager I had a very negative view about people in general. God had to be out there, far away and utterly different for me to believe in him.

These days I find the opposite to be true.

The more human God becomes, the better I relate to God.
Last night I listened to someone speak about God being Jesus-like. We usually talk about Jesus being God with us, but maybe we should flip it upside down.

God imitating Jesus.

Good luck chewing on that one for a while...

1 comment:

Reenen said...

I love the song. Even back then when it was released.